Give the gift that keeps giving with this handmade Congratulations Card. Not only will the recipient love its elegant design they will love the fact that they can grow plants from it too! Once the card has been displayed the seeds can be cut from the card and planted (see instructions in the additional info section) and the rest of the card can be recycled - cool huh?!
Mrs Farmer Paul has lovingly designed and made it from our own Sunflower seeds. Here at Farmer Paul's we are passionate about growing our own vegetables and produce and our aim is to produce luxury handmade products that have a low impact on the environment. Recycled - reusable - sustainable and in this case beautiful too (when the sunflowers are in bloom)
What would you like the card to say? We can send directly to the recipient so if you would like a printed personalised message please add it in the box below. Otherwise we will send it to you, it will be blank inside and you can hand write your own message.
Card Size; A5
Congratulations Card- 'Grow Your Own'Sunflowers
Have fun growing your own SunflowersWe have done many growing tests on our seeds and we have had great results. However please note that we can't guarantee growth of the seeds. Some seeds may not germinate, some seeds may not grow after germination. This may be for a number of reasons from growing conditions, temperature, over watering or just mother nature.
- Find a pot or window box and fill it with some general purpose compost.
- When you have finished displaying your card, cut out the seeds by cutting on the dotted line on the inside of the front of your card.
- When you have cut out your 'seed strip' pop it on its side in the compost (see video online)
- Cover with about 1cm of compost and sprinkle some water over the top.
- Place pot in the direct light and keep soil moist (not wet though)
- You should see germination occurring within 10 days of planting.
- When the Sunflower plants are about 2" high you will need to transfer the individual plants to an individual pot. When they are about 8 inches tall they will need transferring to a big pot or into the garden.